The Scottish Parliament Local Government and Communities Committee is seeking views about the updated National Outcomes for Scotland.
The National Outcomes are used as broad policy aims for the Scottish Government and are updated every five years. The outcomes are part of National Performance Framework, a broad set of indicators and targets which cover a range of economic, health, social and environmental areas.
There are 11 outcomes overall, but the committee is considering three of the new outcomes:
- We live in communities that are inclusive, empowered, resilient and safe
- We tackle poverty by sharing opportunities, wealth and power more equally
- We grow up loved, safe and respected, so that we realise our full potential
They are looking for views about these outcomes by 11 April and are asking:
- What do you think about the changes to the National Outcomes?
- What do you think of any new Outcomes?
- What do you think about the Scottish Government’s consultation on these changes?
You can get in touch with them via Twitter or email:
@SP_LocalGovt or by email to email@example.com
Reference list: Scottish Community Development Centre. 2018. retrieved from http://www.scdc.org.uk/news/article/consultation-national-outcomes-scotland-2018/