The Winter Issue of the CWI Newsletter, among a series of interesting news and articles an account of a roundtable discussion on community work in rural Ireland. Among the main issues highlighted were;
- The hidden nature of poverty and deprivation
- Drug and alcohol misuse
- Education and Unemployment
- Migrants and refugees
- Illegal money lending
- Lack of services
Also, in the newsletter under the heading of ‘National Implementation of the UN Sustainable Development Goals gets Underway’, CWI called for the Government to ensure The National Implementation Plan;
- Clearly outlines the role of local stakeholders
- Addresses barriers to participation for marginalised and disadvantaged groups
- Links awareness raising efforts with existing community development and participation structures
- Explores and test innovative community development approaches
You can view the newsletter in full HERE.
References: Community Work Ireland. (n.d.). Retrieved from http://www.communityworkireland.ie/cwc-winter-2017-newsletter/
ECDN Update 13 Newsletter.