Learning for Sustainability Scotland (LSS) – Scotland’s United Nations Recognised Regional Centre of Expertise on Education for Sustainable Development – is a network of organisations and individuals working to harness the full potential of learning to create a flourishing, sustainable world; where communities value the natural environment; societies are inclusive, equitable and peaceful; and a vibrant economy contributes to flourishing ecosystems.
LSS’s members work together to deliver Learning for Sustainability (LfS) across all aspects of learning and advance the understanding and practice of LfS in Scotland so it reaches its full potential through:
- Identifying and sharing existing knowledge, expertise and lessons learned between Scotland’s educators, institutions and communities
- Actively generating new knowledge and approaches to Learning for Sustainability through cooperative partnerships, projects, initiatives and research
- Monitoring, evaluating, and gap analysis of progress on Learning for Sustainability in Scotland
- Providing advice on LfS to practitioners, policy and decision-makers
- Sharing our learning internationally and providing a mechanism for members to learn from others around the world as part of the RCE Network
References: Learning for Sustainability Scotland. 2018. Retrieved from http://learningforsustainabilityscotland.org/